The perfect finishing touch to every Christmas Morning
The final touch to all your Christmas shopping is giving the little gifts (baseball stocking stuffers) as well as maybe one ‘bigger’, not necessarily expensive, gift (a unique gift or experience).
The following post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Baseball Stocking Stuffers Ideas
Here are some ideas for stocking stuffers that your baseball player is sure to love.
Baseball Christmas Gifts – Unique Experiences
At some point, you may be tired of giving ‘stuff’ – stuff that may not really be needed, stuff that will be forgotten a few days after Christmas, or stuff that is just purchased for the sake of having something to put under the tree.
Recently, many fellow Baseball Moms have moved away from gifting ‘things’ at Christmas (clothing, games, etc.) and moved more towards giving ‘experiences.’ I’m in the same boat. As I look at my older son, who will enter high school next year, I realize that he has pretty much all the ‘things’ he wants or needs already. He really doesn’t need a new phone, clothes, or more tech. What he really needs (even though he might not always agree with me) are more fun experiences and family time that doesn’t revolve around weekend baseball tournaments.
When our children are young, days and weeks sometimes seem to last forever. Now, as I look up at my teenager (who is taller than me) I realize that quality time with him and he ‘tween’ brother are what I most want for Christmas. To that end, my focus this year is to give them the gift of fun experiences that we can treasure as a family in years to come.
Some ideas that I’m working on making happen in 2023 include:
- Making their dream of attending a Savanah Bananas game come true. I’m on the list for tickets, so fingers crossed we can see them when they come to Trenton, New Jersey or Staten Island in August 2023.
- Planning weekend getaways throughout the year on weekends when we don’t have games. This past weekend we took a quick but really fun 24 hour trip to Lancaster County, PA to visit a few museums and do some outlet shopping (I highly recommend the Rawlings Factory Store Outlet as well as Nike, Under Armour and Puma at Tanger Outlets Lancaster if you get out that way).
- Planning one or two surprise ‘mid week’ get aways that aren’t always baseball related. For instance, this spring I surprised them with a mid-week one day train trip to Washington D.C. to see a few museums, grab lunch, and head home. Mid-week tickets on Amtrak can sometimes be as low as $20 a person, depending on how far a trip you’re taking. My boys still talk about that trip, and we were gone less than 10 hours.
- We’re unexpectedly heading back up to Cooperstown All Star Village in July 2023 (my son was originally planning to play 11u baseball, but will now be playing 12u) so we’re planning to make that week extra fun by booking a cabin on a lake, inviting my parents to join us, and giving both boys new fishing poles. A week at Cooperstown can unfortunately be pretty pricey, so we’re likely making this our big vacation for the year.
- As schedules for MLB and local Minor League teams roll out, we’ll be giving them tickets to a few games next summer. We’re located within a few hours of Philadelphia, Baltimore, New York, and Boston, so we have quite a few options depending on our summer schedule.
- We’re also very lucky to have a Minor League team (the Somerset Patriots, who are a double-A affiliate of the New York Yankees) within a 15 minute drive of us, and a book of tickets for the season is extremely inexpensive. It’s always a fun and relatively inexpensive night out.
If you’re looking for some unique gifts and experiences for your baseball player, here are some ideas to get you started:
Baseball stocking stuffers and unique gifts and experiences are the perfect finishing touch to your holiday gift purchases. I’m hoping that this post has given you some great ideas for gifts, big or small, that will make Christmas morning, and 2023, special for you and your family.
Looking for more Holiday Gift Guides and holiday ideas? Check out the below related posts: