The 2021 Holiday Gift Guide for Baseball Players (and Baseball-loving families)
If you’re looking for perfect Christmas presents for baseball players (or for any member of your baseball-loving family), look no further than the There’s No Place Like Home Plate 2021 Holiday Gift Guide for Baseball Players (and Baseball-Loving Families). Whether you’re shopping for a Teen or Tween baseball player, or a young kid just starting out in Tee Ball, you’re sure to find some gift inspiration for the baseball-obsessed kids in your life. Not to leave any member of the family out, I also included gift ideas for Babies and Toddlers, as well as Baseball Moms and Baseball Dads.
The gift guide will be broken up into three parts. Today, Part Two, I’ll cover gift recommendations for Younger players (Tee-ball age). I’ve also included Baseball Stocking Stuffers that are appropriate for all ages.
Did you miss part one? Check it out at the link below:
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Christmas Gifts for Young Baseball Players (5-7 Years)
Shopping for Tee-ball age kids is so much fun! My favorite gifts for this age include easy to use baseball equipment (some of which can actually be used indoors) that makes learning baseball fundamentals like catching and hitting fun. Here are some gift recommendations that are sure to make your tee-ball age kid happy on Christmas morning.
Gift Recommendations for 5-7 Year old Tee-ball Players:
1. Franklin Sports 2-in-1 Grow with Me Tee This ingenious little tee not only starts out with a hitting arm that helps your little slugger start making contact, but it also converts to a regular tee when they’re ready. I can see this being used in the basement or garage all winter long!
2. Franklin Sports Youth Tee Ball Glove with Foam Ball This beginner sized glove comes in every MLB team, and includes a soft foam ball that makes catching safe indoors.
3. Franklin Sports Pitching Machine My kids LOVED this pitching machine when they were just starting out playing tee-ball. Even though the recommended age is 4-12, this ‘pitching machine’ is definitely geared towards the beginning player. The pitching machine include 6 light balls that are easy for a younger kid to hit. The machine pitches every 7 seconds, giving enough time for your younger kid to get ready. It’s recommended to use a plastic bat only with this machine. We actually used this indoors, in our basement, when my kids were young, and it provided hours of active entertainment in the winter months.
4. A Big Day for Baseball – The Magic Tree House Series #29 (Mary Pope Osborne) If your kids aren’t already familiar with the Magic Tree House series, they soon will be. ‘A Big Day for Baseball’ takes the book’s heroes, Jack and Annie, back to 1947 to watch Jackie Robinson play.
5. Funko Pop MLB Mascot Even if their room isn’t yet fully baseball themed, it probably will be in the future. The Funko Pop MLB Mascots are collectible room decor that will look great on their shelves even when they’re teens.
6. Franklin Sports 5 Piece Rubber Base Set Younger kids love getting ‘real’ sports equipment, and it doesn’t get much more real than a rubber base set for the backyard (or your basement, if your basement is big enough).
Stocking Stuffers for All Ages
Stocking stuffers can be another opportunity to surprise your baseball-obsessed kids with a little gift that they’ll actually use. Here are some gift recommendations for stocking stuffers that won’t get left in the stocking.
Gift Recommendations for Stocking Stuffers:
- Big League Chew To be honest, I don’t get the appeal, but my kids love it. Even though it’s rarely allowed in dugouts anymore, it’s still a fun reminder that baseball season (or just the winter training season) is just around the corner.
- Baseball Fidget Popper I’ve seen kids of all ages, from my 1.5 year nephew to pre-teens carrying these fidget poppers around. It’s nearly as fun as popping bubble wrap. The baseball theme is a fun twist on this popular fidget toy.
- Topps 2021 Baseball Card Three Pack If your kids already collect, this is a stocking stuffer must. If they don’t already collect, this is the perfect introduction to the joy of baseball card collecting.
- MLB Playing Cards Great to carry around in their bat bags for playing card games between games. Or for playing Gin Rummy with Grandma after Christmas dinner.
- Tornado Sports Necklace – Available in pretty much every team’s color combination, these necklaces are popular among young baseball players of all ages.
- Personalized 2021 Christmas Ornament – A cute reminder of 2021 that will become a treasured ornament.
- Koosh Balls – The only ‘balls’ I’ll allow my children to throw in the house. Fun to catch and throw.
- TLIWWF Personalized Jersey Number necklace – Another necklace popular among baseball players.
Hopefully this post helped you find some gift inspiration when looking for Christmas gifts for young baseball players. Tomorrow I’ll provide gift recommendations for Baseball families, including Baseball Moms, Baseball Dads, and babies and toddlers!
Did you miss Part One of the 2021 Holiday Gift Guide for Baseball Players (and Baseball Loving Families)?
Here is the link: